Re: ``gated'' anybody?

Gated is freely available from the Gated consortium and the signature is to
confirm that it will stay free. Signature required for redistribution.

In article <87203a2w2n.fsf@tiamat.datasync.com> you wrote:
: Hi,

: 	Gated is not free. In fact, one needs to sign papers even to
:  package it up and put it on the ftp tree. So yes, gated is not
:  packaged. There was some talk of an off shoot distribution that would
:  bundle Debian with non-free packages, and they were willing to sign
:  papers and distribute gated. (Look into the mailing list archive for
:  gory details). I do not know what came of the off-shoot proposal.

: 	manoj
: --
:  Uncompensated overtime?  Just Say No.
: Manoj Srivastava               <url:mailto:srivasta@acm.org>
: Mobile, Alabama USA            <url:http://www.datasync.com/%7Esrivasta/>

: --
: TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
: debian-devel-request@lists.debian.org .
: Trouble?  e-mail to templin@bucknell.edu .