Re: Recent Tcl/Tk Changes

On Tue, 26 Aug 1997 15:03:09 CDT David Engel (david@sw.ods.com) wrote:

> Second, I am orphaning the old Tcl 7.4/Tk 4.0 packages (named tcl74
> and tk40) and Tcl 7.5/Tk 4.1 packages (named tcl75 and tk41).  If
> anyone wants to pick these packages, please let myself or Philippe
> Troin <phil@fifi.org> know about it.

I'm orphaning these. I'm also orphaning tclx40, tclx41 and tix40 which depends on tcl/tk 74/40 and 75/41.
I believe we should even drop them. How many packages still depend on these old tcls and tks in hamm ? I've grepped:
	axe (tcl74)
	exmh (tcl7[45])
	groupkit (tcl75)
	libtclobjc (tcl74)
	tclx74 (tcl74)
	tclx75 (tcl75)
	tix40 (tcl75)
	tkps (tcl74)
	ucbmpeg (tcl75)
	blt (tcl74)
	gnats-tk (tcl75)
	sgrep (recommends tcl7[45])
	tkined (tcl74)
	tkmail (tcl75)

I suggest opening bugs against all these and ask these packages to depend on at least tcl76.

Phil.