Re: Rosegarden and QuickCam Package

On Mon, 11 Aug 1997, Eduardo Marcel Macan wrote:

> 	Should I create two packages for this? I have created only one
> package that builds and installs both of them at once.

>From the debian policy manual
(http:/www.debian.org/docs/manuals/debain-policy):

Some programs can be configured with or without support for X Windows.
Typically these binaries produced
when configured for X will need the X shared libraries to run.

Such programs should be configured with X support, and should declare a
dependency on xlib6 (for the
X11R6 libraries). Users who wish to use the program can install just the
relatively small xlib package, and do
not need to install the whole of X.

Do not create two versions (one with X support and one without) of your
package.

>  P.S. What do I have to do in order to contribute the packages to the
>       project? (or: Dear Sr, I wanna become a new maintainer and
>       therefore I request an account on master :-) )

See http://www.debian.org/docs/manuals/developers-reference/ch1.html

                     					Will

			         harpo@udel.edu
               		       lowe@cis.udel.edu