Re: Boot disk images -- the only way?

On Mon, 4 Aug 1997, Syrus Nemat-Nasser wrote:

> We've already got alternative installation methods.  There is an
> intall.bat on the Official CD which runs the entire installation from the
> CD on a DOS or Windows system (it should be run from DOS mode).  Also,
> there is a method to do floppyless installation from a DOS partition
> where one simply downloades the compressed base archive, loadlin.exe, and
> a few more images such as the kernel and the drivers disk image.  1.3.x
> has been the testing ground for these methods.  Given that they each work
> well, we will be able to emphasize there use over the old 6-disk floppy
> installation method.

6-floppy installation method should still exist, because not everyone
has CD or ethernet network connection.  Of course it's good that other
methods exist.

Vadik.

--
Vadim Vygonets * vadik@cs.huji.ac.il * vadik@debian.org * Unix admin
The IP datagram is printed, on a small scroll of paper, in hexadecimal,