New packages request
- To: Development Debian <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: New packages request
- From: Stephan Suerken <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 12:37:04 +0200 (CEST)
- Message-id: <Pine.LNX.3.96.970804111240.342Bfirstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Stephan Suerken <email@example.com>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
I "joined" debian some month ago, and I finally think it is time to
actually "participate". Following the discussions in devel and private
for the last month or so, I have to admit that I am more often puzzled
by the discussions than enlighted (be it me or the discussions being
the fault ;). However, the point is, I am new, and I still "don't know
more things than I know" about Debian, and I would appreciate any
Here comes a list of packages I'd be willing to maintain.
NEW packages: As far as I know, the following packages are not
available yet, and no one is currently working on them. Please correct
me if I am wrong (or if there are equal/better replacements
* uae The Ubiquitous Amiga Emulator
* hpcdtoppm A *.pcd ("kodak Photo CD images") to *.ppm converter
o xpcd X frontend to hpcdtoppm (i.e., a photo cd viewer)
- mpg123 Software decoder for MPEG layer 3 (and thus 2,1 too) audio streams
ORPHANED packages (from the prospective packages document):
* workman (Used-to-be-maintainer: Volker Ossenkopf firstname.lastname@example.org)
ALREADY unrequested uploaded packages ;):
o gom GOM is nOt yet another Mixer (my own little work;)
I have already uploded the package "gom" -- without requesting
anyone, as I am quite sure no one else works on it. Maybe this wasn't
quiet the right thing to do anyway.
I used "unstable" for the Distribution flag in *.changes; maybe,
being completely new, I should have used "experimental"?
Again, any comments (especially on gom :) very much appreciated.
o = license is definetly dsfg compliant (i.e., the license is one
of those given as example in the dsfg document)
* = not o (i.e. unclear)
- = definetly not dsfg compliant
|| Stephan Mail: email@example.com ||
|| Suerken WWW : http://www.fh-worms.de/~suerken ||
Note: When using "reply" with your mail reader, please check that
the mail address matches the one given above (some stupid mailers
might not recognize the "Reply-to:"-field but instead use the
"From:"-field for replies).
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .