Re: Packaging spice and xwave

From: Philippe Troin <phil@fifi.org>
> About spice: this thing (v. 3f4) is distributed by UC Berkeley. There
> is no explicit license for it.

It's messy. When last I contacted them they wanted $250 for the
privilege of distributing it. When I asked why it was already available
for anonymous FTP, they told me that I should only be concerned with my
following the license, not with what others were doing with the program,
At that time they had a list of prohibited countries. I wasn't able to put
the software on our FTP site because of that. It might be best to
distribute it on your own once you've established the nationality of
the person you are sending it to.

Messy. Maybe they've cleaned it up since then.

	Thanks

	Bruce
--
Can you get your operating system fixed when you need it?
Linux - the supportable operating system. http://www.debian.org/support.html