Re: source dependencies

Hi,
>>"Brian" == Brian White <bcwhite@verisim.com> writes:

>> one part of source dependencies are programs and header files
>> needed to compile. so we should start with creating a list, what we
>> consider alway available (gcc, binutils, perl, awk, bash, libc-dev,
>> make, fileutils, textutils, findutils, kernel-headers).

Brian> Agreed.

	What do you mean by kernel-header? the package? it is not
 needed in 99.99% of the cases (pcmcia-modules is the only exception
 that I know about)

	We should also list dpkg and dpkg-dev, especially if we wish
 the final step to be package creation and not a mere build.

	Is this the right place to advocate CVS and cvs-buildpackage?

	manoj
--
 Politician: An eel in the fundamental mud upon which the
 superstructure of organized society is reared.  When he wriggles he