Re: e2fsprogs 1.10-4 doesn't work on partitions > 2GB

> Jarno Paananen writes:
>  > just installed e2fsprogs 1.10-4 and on the next boot noticed that
>  > I shouldn't have. All accesses to >2GB area fail in this fashion:
>  > (I don't have the exact message...)
>  > Block xxxxx seek failure (Success) in inode scan. Ignore <y>

Maybe that's what happened to me - I completely hosed my hard drive
and had to rebuild from backups a few days ago...  (my system went
out of control, and when I restarted, fsck found a massive amount
of errors - so many that my system was unusable after I fixed it).

The drive that died was all in one 2.5GB partition. I've since
repartitioned it, and I no longer have any partitions > 2 GB.

I'm not 100% certain that was the problem (I've had corruption
problems previously - until I turned off LBA and 32-bit mode) - but
if fsck was broken - that couldn't have helped.

This also explains why I haven't uploaded any packages this week.  :-(

Cheers,

 - Jim