e2fsprogs 1.10-4 doesn't work on partitions > 2GB

Jarno Paananen writes:
 > just installed e2fsprogs 1.10-4 and on the next boot noticed that
 > I shouldn't have. All accesses to >2GB area fail in this fashion:
 > (I don't have the exact message...)
 > Block xxxxx seek failure (Success) in inode scan. Ignore <y>
 >
 > My surprise was to see that (Success) in there...

Mmmh... the only difference in the binaries should be that 1.10-4 is
the first package I compiled with libc6 (unless I broke the make
process, but I don't think so, as it works perfectly for me)

 > 1.10-3 and 1.10-2 (couldn't find -3 anymore, had to get this)
 > work fine.

Yes, 1.10-3 was never installed because I wrongly asked for it to go
into 'stable'.

I'll compile 1.10-4 on a libc5 box on Monday, and will send it to you;
you'll tell me if it fixes the problem.

--
Yann Dirson <dirson@univ-mlv.fr>
http://monge.univ-mlv.fr/~dirson