Re: Uploaded ld.so 1.8.10-2.1 (source i386) to master

From: Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de>
> I second that. And it's current policy anyways (cf. Debian Developer's
> Reference, section 3.3 Interim Releases):
>
> ``Maintainers other than the usual package maintainer should make as few
> changes to the package as possible, and they should always send a unified
> context diff (diff -u) detailing their changes to the bug tracking system
> properly flagged with the correct package so that the usual maintainer is
> kept aware of the situation.''

I think the security manager needs to have the authority to make
changes to packages when he feels it's necessary. Response time to bugs
that have been generally known for months is not an issue so much as is
response time to bugs we're just finding out about. If the package maintainer
doesn't like the fix, it's up to the package maintainer to issue a subsequent
package.

The security manager should coordinate with package maintainers, and get them
to do the fix if they can do so in a timely fashion, but it's his call if
something needs to be fixed rigt away and he decides to fix it on his own.

Please modify the policy manual accordingly.

	Thanks

	Bruce
Bruce Perens K6BP   bruce@pixar.com   510-215-3502
Finger bruce@master.debian.org for PGP public key.