Re: LZW/GIF in The GIMP

Ben Gertzfield wrote:
> So I'm thinking I can just comment out the line that compiles gif.c in
> the Makefile, and then things will be okay to distribute.

I think you'd better delete gif.c from the .orig.tar.gz, too. Yes, this is
ugly and unclean, but I don't think we're allowed to distribute the source
code for it either.

Then you have another source package the makes the non-free package with
gif.c and whatever else you need in it.

> Once I finish this last thing, I think I'll be able to release the
> gimp packages.. (if anybody wants to test the ones with gif in them,
> they're at http://zarf-mouse.aca.imsa.edu/~che/debian/gimp/).

I've waited so long for this. Thank you!

--
see shy jo