Re: LZW/GIF in The GIMP

    Joey> I think you'd better delete gif.c from the .orig.tar.gz,
    Joey> too. Yes, this is ugly and unclean, but I don't think we're
    Joey> allowed to distribute the source code for it either.

Actually, I believe according to the license the *source* is okay, as
long as you don't use it in software or hardware.

Bizarre, eh?

    Joey> Then you have another source package the makes the non-free
    Joey> package with gif.c and whatever else you need in it.

Right, I'm planning on releasing two packages of plugins -- one will
be all the normal extra plugins, and the other will be gif.c and
tiff.c. :)

    >> Once I finish this last thing, I think I'll be able to release
    >> the gimp packages.. (if anybody wants to test the ones with gif
    >> in them, they're at
    >> http://zarf-mouse.aca.imsa.edu/~che/debian/gimp/).

    Joey> I've waited so long for this. Thank you!

Please, let me know any mistakes/bugs/typoes you find. This is my
first real set of packages, and it's a big one with lots of shared
libraries, so tell me now before I release the packages and look silly
for making dumb mistakes :)

--
Brought to you by the letters N and E and the number 14.
"Johnny! Don't go! It's too dangerous!" "I don't care!" -- MST3K