Re: GNU Win32? Not anymore.

On Thu, 10 Jul 1997, Jim Pick wrote:

> But it's just another example of a potentially really good Free
> Software project going private.  It's also a bit disturbing that
> they prefer to issue a license like this, when they are such large
> contributors to the GNU toolset.

I didn't know that Cygnus's main market was in embedded systems, now that
I do I can see exactly why they placed a license like that on the
cygwin32.

Quite simply, the embedded market is very cut throat, some of the
companies they are competing with (Wind River esp) are large and getting
larger -- if they are basically violating the spirit of the GPL then
Cygnus isn't going to have much luck competing against them.

Jason