Re: Policy re. static linking of binaries ? (SSH)

From: Philip Hands <phil@hands.com>
> SSH is currently dynamically linked against libc5, gmp, and zlib1.
>
> IMHO it should be statically linked, since it is a security program

Sorry, no static-linked programs other than "ldconfig" and "sync"
on Debian, please. And sync only gets by because it's so small.
It doesn't really contribute significantly to their security unless
you make _lots_ of things static linked. And even then I'm not sure
it helps significantly.

	Thanks

	Bruce
--