Help -- confused by Webstandard 3.0

I'm in the midst of building a package new to Debian (HyperNews), and I'm
trying to make it conform to Webstandard 3.0.

It has CGI scripts which are going into /usr/lib/cgi-bin (actually, a
subdirectory of that).  It has HTML documentation which is going into
/usr/doc/hypernews.

It also needs an area to store new HTML files that are generated by the
CGI scripts from HTML forms.  This is where I am getting hung up.

Going strictly by Webstandard 3.0, I should put all of those in
/usr/doc/hypernews, too (possibly subdirectories).  That seems a little
odd to me, since they aren't really documentation, and since they could
eat up a fair amount of disk space as they accumulate.  But I will do that
if that's really the accepted thing to do.

    Larry Gilbert   |  "Cross-country skiing is      |        Got spam?
  Seattle, WA, USA  |  great if you live in a small  |       Join CAUCE!
  irving@pobox.com  |  country."                     |  http://www.cauce.org/
                    |       -- Steven Wright         |