Re: Packaging system improvements

On Jul 7, Brian White wrote
> > 1. We need to add a "Keywords: ..." line to the control file for each
> >    package. However, the success of this depends more on the keywords
> >    individual maintainers put in their packages keyword lists than the
> >    presence of special features for it.
>
> We need to create a standard list of keywords for people to chose from.
> Maintainers are of course free to add others, but having a common set
> will help keep from having similar keywords like "texteditor" and
> "text-editor".

[-----------rest of message snipped--------]

It seems to me that the proposed "Keywords:" field is supposed to
help organize the distribition, but the "Section:" field is already
doing this.  The current sections divide the distribution by category
already, without the need for any new field.

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   Web:    http://www.inconnect.com/~andersen/
                   email:  andersee@debian.org