Re: ISDN in UK

On Sun, 29 Jun 1997, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:

> > I know that ISDN here is implemented differently from the way it
> > is in the USA and I believe it is also different from that in Europe.
> >
> > Does anyone use ISDN in the UK with Linux?
>
> i don't know, but i don't think so (at least there is no documentation
> in the FAQ).

I suspect there is; try asking in uk.telecom, uk.comp.os.linux, or
demon.ip.support.unix (demon include ISDN in their basic service, and they
have a lot of linux users, so the probability of one of their customers
using both together is very high)

> > Which of the equipment advertised in the UK is supported by isdnutils
> > and the 2.0.30 kernel?

I don't know anything about linux specifically here, but I did hear that
it's worth getting stuff from Germany or somewhere, as some of the stuff
sold in the UK is to American standards and won't work with the Euro-IDSN
stuff that most other UK people use.