Re: fixhrefgz - tool for converting anchors to gzipped files

>Exactly. So there is no problem when using web-servers.

Umm, yes, there is.  I don't want a server running on my machine for
*security* reasons (and one of the places I put debian machines has a
site policy against running http servers).  I have enough problems
with security, denial of service attacks, etc that I don't need to
aggravate the situation by placing dozens of extra http servers on my
net.

And I shouldn't have to have one when all the documentation is locally
available on the disk.

Whatever our solution, it shouldn't require a web server to operate.

--
Richard W Kaszeta 			Graduate Student/Sysadmin
bofh@bofh.me.umn.edu			University of MN, ME Dept