Re^2: How about e2compr? Was: fixhrefgz debate

Am 28.06.97 schrieb clameter # miriam.fuller.edu ...

Moin Christoph!

CL> : Don't worry: gzip is part of the base system. <g>
CL> Your word needs to be in Microsoft's and Apple's ear.

But why should a Windows User browse the Debian online documentation?

CL> I like the idea and debianized it but after I saw the compression ratios
CL> I thought it was not yet really up for prime time.

Maybe a compressed file system is a nice idea. Maybe we could build one
using the loopback device in the kernel and gzip?

cu, Marco

--
Uni: Budde@tu-harburg.d400.de      Fido: 2:240/5202.15
Mailbox: mbudde@hqsys.antar.com    http://www.tu-harburg.de/~semb2204/