Some new package proposals!

Hi all!

Since quite some time i've learned to make and have been been making a
few packages the Debian way and i'm considering to contribute them to
the Debian project. These packages so far are:

 * isapnptools-1.10 (see "http://www.roestock.demon.co.uk/isapnptools/";)
 * junkbuster-1.4   (see "http://internet.junkbuster.com/";)
 * xaw3d-dev-1.3    (see "ftp://ftp.x.org/contrib/widgets/Xaw3d/";)

Is there already anybody working on these packages and thus making my
efforts unnecessary?

Above all i'd like to officially provide my own original package
"equivs-1.0.3", which is a dummy package used to circumvent dpkg's
sometimes completely undesired dependency complaints. I made this
package because i preferred to install and maintain a teTeX tree
different from the official Debian version in "/usr/local/" so that i
might take advantage of Thomas Esser's update shell scripts without
having to worry about possibly screwing up my Debian system.

Then there are some Debian packages already maintained by someone else
which i've started to update with the current original upstream
releases making some unofficial Debian packages. The official Debian
package maintainers are IMHO too much behind on updating the packages
provided with Debian. These packages currently are:

 * mc-4.0 (see "http://mc.blackdown.org/mc/";), currently officially
   maintained by "Fernando Alegre <alegre@saturn.superlink.net>".

 * xkeycaps-2.35 (see "http://home.netscape.com/people/jwz/xkeycaps/";),
   currently officially maintained by ???

 * wget-1.4.5 (see "ftp://gnjilux.cc.fer.hr/pub/unix/util/wget/";),
   currently officially maintained by "J. Ramos Goncalves <ramos@debian.org>"

 * gv-3.5.8 (see "http://wwwthep.physik.uni-mainz.de/~plass/gv/";),
   currently officially maintained by "Helmut.Geyer@iwr.uni-heidelberg.de".

If the official maintainers can't provide more current versions and
don't mind to give their packages away i'd be delighted to take them
over in the hope to make Debian much more up to date.

All these unofficial packages can be downloaded from our institute's
FTP site at "ftp://ietpd1.sowi.uni-mainz.de/pub/debian/unofficial/";.

Note that i have no programmer's background and that i'm more or less
limited to simply repackage the original upstream sources without
touching anything of their code internals. But i don't think this
should be necessary anyway.
                                    Cheers, P. *8^)
- --
   Paul Seelig                         pseelig@goofy.zdv.uni-mainz.de