Re: NIS and libc6/hamm?

> Hi!
>
> Can someone tell me if NIS is working in the current "hamm" release?
> (Someone here mentioned that it is not, so I want to know for sure before
> I upgrade my system.)
>
> Note, that the NIS server is still running Debian 1.2. The clients will be
> eventually upgraded.

It works for me, but I haven't got any reply on my questions what was
wrong for others. Important is to use "compat" as sole method for
passwd, group and shadow in /etc/nsswitch.conf.
The nis package still uses libc5 and has to be changed a little to compile
with libc6.

	Helmut

--
Helmut Geyer                                Helmut.Geyer@iwr.uni-heidelberg.de