Re: Documentation Policy

[ Please don't Cc: public replies to me. ]

Joey Hess:
> Also, it seems very ridiculous to me to make a whole new package for a
> single info file. For example, cthugha installs a 16k info file.

That wasn't the sugggestion, or course.

> Why not just replace [info2www] with a better converter?

Because Info is fundamentally broken as a source file
format. It is too difficult to parse, maybe impossible
without understanding what the text says. Texinfo, the
real source format, is trivial and a good tool exists
already.