Re: Editor wars considered harmful

> > Show me a computer that can boot off a cdrom... and gimme a cdrom that
> > will boot up debian...  And Ill buy it like a shot.
>
> Most modern motherboards will boot an IDE CD-ROM in the "El Torrito" format.
> The Debian Official CD will boot into the installation system. No floppies,
> no LOADLIN, etc.
>
> 	Bruce

Where can I buy one?  Neither CheapBytes nor Linux Systems Labs have
made an Official CD yet because they are (apparently) waiting for us
to release Debian 1.3.1 with Xfree86 3.3 and last I heard people didn't
want 3.3 to go into stable...  I know lsl has made TriLinux with 1.3,
but that doesn't have ANY source and won't boot.

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   Web:    http://www.inconnect.com/~andersen/
                   email:  andersee@debian.org