Re: Debian's mail daemons

Quoting Rob Browning (rlb@cs.utexas.edu):
> Alexander Koch <efraim@argh.org> writes:
> > (I'd vote for exim if uucp is guaranteed to work)
> Ok, so what are the arguments for exim over qmail (at least why do you
> prefer it?)

sendmail: too complicated

qmail: personal dislike of djb, problems with such an attitude, qmail sends
every mail on its own, so instead of one rsmtp job so far i'd get 50 single
jobs - just not ok for me, especially with uucp

smail: nice, simply works, uucp/ bangs

exim: nicer than smail, more options, cute... still not able to use bangs and
uucp without having to wade through the docs - no time for that.

These are just my own personal reasons...

Alexander