Re: S: workaround for dpkg replaces bug

I ran into this exact problem some time ago with elvis.  What I did was
to create a bunch of zero byte files (think touch) and install them on
top of the files from the old package.  I then deleted the files in the
post init script.  This allowed dpkg to mark all files as removed from
the old package, but marked a lot of non-existant files as part of the new
package.  I couldn't think of anything else that worked (except to conflict
with all the old stuff).  The right thing is to get dpkg fixed.  I submitted
a bug on this one a LONG time ago.

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   Web:    http://www.inconnect.com/~andersen/