Re: thread support

Andy Mortimer <andy.mortimer@poboxes.com> writes:

> the basic question I want to answer is: if I open a library in one
> thread, is it then always accessible to all threads (presumably),
> and what happens to any global variables in that library?

Threading shoudln't have any affect on this.  All the threads share
the same address space, so anything one can "see" and manipulate, the
others can too.  In other words, minus sychronization and reentrancy
issues, if it works for one of the threads, it'll work for all of
them.

My impression is that these days every non-threaded Linux program can
be thought of structurally as a multi-threaded program with just a
single thread.

--
Rob