Re: thread support

On Jun 13, Bruce Perens wrote
> Regarding how to make your library re-entrant, you must have no global or
> static variables that are not protected by mutexes. In general it is easy
> to deal with this by passing your state structure as a pointer argument to
> all of your functions rather than by using a global variable.

Although how well this interacts with dynamically-loaded shared libraries
is anyone's guess; I suspect I may have to go the global-variable route
myself, which is why I was asking for examples/docs.

> I don't know what state S-Lang is in with this respect - that might be
> your first concern.

Without having looked at the source, I do know that it uses a fair few
global variables for various things, unfortunately.

Cheers,

&E

--
Andy Mortimer, andy.mortimer@poboxes.com