thread support

I am rather new to this list, so excuse me if this question has
already been dealt with.

Will there be kernel level thread support for Debian ?

The Linuxthreads package from Xavier Leroy is a very good Thread
Library supporting Posix threads. In order to develop threaded
applications there should be some changes in different packages:

 - the libpthread0 packages comes without header files !

 - libraries should be compiled reentrant

This sounds like a big job, will it be worth it ?
According to the linuxthreads FAQ no distribution currently supports
reentrant libraries ( Xlib is very critical about that )

Guenter