Re: inetd question

You're right of course. I should have been more precise. There are two
other services involved:
squid as a standalone server and http-gw on the firewall and both call
ident for each www request.

That makes up for quite some traffic given that one www site is build by
a lot of www requests.

Thanks anyway, Peter.

Later
Michael
--
Dr. Michael Meskes, Projekt-Manager    | topystem Systemhaus GmbH
meskes@topsystem.de                    | Europark A2, Adenauerstr. 20