RE: inetd question

Yes, I use a proxy and both proxy and www-client run on the same
machine. But it appears the ident calls came from my firewall where I
run a http-gw.

You're absolutely right that I should get rid of that traffic. There is
no need for the firewall to ask identd on a local machine. But it should
ask identd for connections from outside. Can I configure tcpd so that it
only ask outside machines? Currently I have ALL:@@ALL in my
/etc/hosts.allow file. Would it suffice to add a line http-gw:
ALL@172.26? Our local network is 172.26.0.0.

Michael

--
Dr. Michael Meskes, Projekt-Manager    | topsystem Systemhaus GmbH
meskes@topsystem.de                    | Europark A2, Adenauerstr. 20