Re: thread support

Mark Eichin writes:
 > be adding other support to them.  (have you ever tried programming
 > with X and threads?  you probably want to only use Display* per-thread
 > anyhow...)

Yes, I've tried - that's how I came to this topic.
The problem is with the global errno variable. As Xlib does a lot of
error checking using errno. After X encounters an error it checks what
kind of error ocurred with errno and deals with it.
It is possible that the "non X" thread resets the global errno
variable between these two steps --
Xlib signals unknown error ( with number 0 )  and exits.

Guenter