Re: cygwin.dll license (was Re: FreeQt ?)

Well, maybe the GPL is broken when it comes to situations like this.  What
I don't understand is, if something doesn't contain any GPL'd code, how
can the GPL force me to put my product under it.  So it has the interface
calls to library/.dll, copyrights don't cover how something works,
patents do.  The GPL isn't a patent, so therefore only covers protecting
the product from being reused.  Well if my product doesn't explicitly use
it, it shouldn't have to be under the GPL.

Just my 2 cents

Shaya