Re: Using CVS for package development

> > E.g. boot-floppies. I regularly receive patches from the people doing
> > the ports to other architectures. If they could merge them into the
> > CVS repository, they needn't wait until I released a new version.
>
> What provision do you suggest for code-review? It's important for things
> like boot-floppies where a patch for one architecture, done carelessly,
> might break another.

You can use branches to deal with this.  Each "feature" is worked on in
its own branch and then merged back to a "testing" branch for the code-
review you speak of.  When it passes that, you can merge that back to
the main tree for use/release.  At least, this is one way...

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )