Re: cvs.debian.org [Was: Using CVS for package development]

Brian White <bcwhite@verisim.com> writes:

> We are running cvs.debian.org over an ISDN line.  Currently the only
> code under it is the Deity project.
>
> I can make other source trees and set up other users if others want to
> do distributed development this way.

I need a shared CVS repository for boot-floppies. Especially people
who do the porting to other architectures should be able to merge
their changes wtihout needing to disturb the primary maintainer.

Is there a way to restrict the people who can write to the repositroy
part of one package?

> Unfortunately, I haven't been able to set up "world read access" yet
> because CVS always wants write access to the directory (for lock files)
> so currently it is either group read/write or world read/write.

OpenBSD offers anonymous CVS ; you could try to ask them.

I think that Debian's CVS repository should be located on a
well-connected site; ISDN isn't enough.

	Sven
--
Sven Rudolph <sr1@inf.tu-dresden.de> ; WWW : http://www.sax.de/~sr1/