Re: policy about putting packages into frozen ?

Quoting Christian Schwarz (schwarz@monet.m.isar.de):
[snip]

disclaimer: correct me, if i'm too wrong.

> I'm not sure if it's wise to replace the isdn packages in frozen now. This
> will surely delay the release (and I don't think Brian would allow this
> anyways :-)

it is wise, imo, since it can only improve and the changes are bugfixes
only and tested (with all the isdn user in de.alt.comm.isdn4linux).
additionally i talked with one of the main developers of isdn4linux on irc
early this morning on #linuxger (ircnet) and he said the latest isdn-
sources (which andreas uses) are really better and more stable.

>  - add a note to some README of 1.3 that Debian 1.3 does _not_ include the
> isdn packages, but a "untestet" version is available in the
> "project/untested" directory

everybody reads READMEs?

>  - introduce the new isdn packages in Debian 1.3.1 (cf. current discussion
> in debian-private) and mention this in the README

and what about the many europeans depending on isdn? so drop the whole
isdnutils package? unwise, imo.

Alexander

--
Alexander Koch - <>< - aka efraim - +49-(0)89-64289385
Gruenwalder Strasse 70 - D-81547 Munich - Germany - Europe