Re: policy about putting packages into frozen ?

Quoting Andreas Jellinghaus (aj@dungeon.inka.de):
> my problem is the isdn package : the new version was released (beta1)
> this week, and it was tested a long time (public cvs tree). now it has a
> documentation (not all binaries but at least some), some new features
> and a lot of bugs fixed. the old release is nearly unusable (the kernel
> driver was fixes in 2.0.29 and again in 2.0.30, the old isdn utils won't
> run with the new device driver, but using old kernels isn't a good thing
> in this case.)
> so : am i allowed to upload the package into frozen (i will build it
> these day, upload it into unstable, and beg some isdn users to test it).
> if there are no major problems, it should go into frozen (the old
> package is nearly unusable and buggy).

The old (well, latest) isdnutils package got some real problems, I'd like to
sign that.

Since I'm also following the isdn4linux development quite closely I can only
say that Andreas is right, there were many bugfixes and isdnutils needs an
update. It can hardly be less working, only better, see?

Ich hatte einen schoenen Nachmittag, war Wellenreiten ;-} Im Wellenbad!
Endlich mal wieder sauber! *freu* *glaenz* -- (c) Michael 'Wimbaer' Thies
Alexander Koch - <>< - aka efraim - +49-(0)89-64289385
Gruenwalder Strasse 70 - D-81547 Munich - Germany - Europe