Re: cvs.debian.org [Was: Using CVS for package development]

> because CVS always wants write access to the directory (for lock files)

Yep.  I've seen patches for this at MIT, but I don't think they're in
the mainline...  You've also got some potentially major access control
problems;  look at what freebsd does, and consider that you *don't*
want general access -- you want a special case of people being able to
read and diff and submit the diffs *through* some auditors...