Re: dpkg-buildpackage: pgp: Signature error

On Thu, 1 May 1997, joost witteveen wrote:

> Anyone knows why pgp suddenly looks for the root signature file?
>
> rulcmc:/home/joost/maintain/menu/menu-1.2$ echo $USER
> joost
> (..)
> Keyring file '/root/.pgp/secring.pgp' does not exist.
> Signature error
> (..)
> rulcmc:/home/joost/maintain/menu/menu-1.2# echo $USER
> joost
> rulcmc:/home/joost/maintain/menu/menu-1.2# id
> uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)

pgp obviously doen't use $USER to determine the pgp-path. The thing
that worked for me (together with su) is to define the env-var
$PGPPATH for you user, being set to /home/joost/.pgp (or to wherever
your keyrings are).

MfG,

-Stephan
|| Stephan                 Mail:             suerken@fh-worms.de ||
|| Suerken                 WWW : http://www.fh-worms.de/~suerken ||
Note: When using "reply" with your mail reader, please check that
the mail address matches the one given above (some stupid mailers
might not recognize the "Reply-to:"-field but instead use the
"From:"-field for replies).