Re: dpkg and older systems

In article <[🔎] 19970423202453.25308.qmail@palm.hands.com>,
	Philip Hands <phil@hands.com> writes:

> Good Luck --- I'd be interested to hear how you get on.

I did it and it worked. There were a lot of minor hassles, but nothing major
(apart from one cock-up of mine when I deleted all of /etc instead of
just a few files from it, which is hardly debian's fault :)

> There is a program called dbackup (the package is available in
> project/experimental) that gives you a list of everything on your
> system that is _not_ from Debian installed packages.

I couldn't get it to do anything at all, how is it used? I'm sure there's
lots of debris on here.
.