Re: email addresses for Debian developers

Jim Pick said:
> Here's what we should do -- it would be much more general.
>
> Create a debian developer database.  Use a relational database such
> as Postgresql and put a web interface on it (PHP/FI?) so that the
> developers can update it themselves.  Apache has a module that can
> do /etc/passwd authentification -- so the database could be keyed
> against our accounts on master.
>
> Fields for the database:
>
> Master account name:   key field, for internal use
> E-Mail Address:        public info
> First Name:            public info
> Last Name:             public info
> Address:               (for internal Debian use, and maintainer
>                         verification) - optionally public at
>                         developer's discretion
> Phone Number:          (internal use + verification) - optionally
>                         public at developer's discretion
> Web Site:              optional, public info
> Country:               public info
> Lat/Long:              optional, public info
> Picon:                 optional, headshot in picon format, so we
>                        can create our own picon database

Fabulous!
Dirk suggested we have up to 3 email addresses:
 -- "nearest email address" -- host physically closest to one's abode
 -- "effective email address" -- where one likes to receive his mail
 -- "project email address" -- a unique key, to help matching names
                               to packages (eliminates the multiple
                               email/name values in the Debian people list).

Other:
- I would rank myself near the bottom of the CGI and postgres
   learning curve, so I couldn't do this very fast myself.  I will soon
   be using mSQL however, if that's any help.
+ I'd be happy to help in some other way.

Cheers,
Susan