Re: xrdb bug?

Rob Browning <osiris@cs.utexas.edu> writes:

>I had this same problem on *some* machines.  I think it's a memory
>problem (didn't someone just post xrdb patches for something like
>this?).  Anyway I got around it by making xrdb a script on the
>offending machine that does this:

That was me with the patch.  I discovered the bug when I upgraded my
monitor, which meant I had a larger screen size (800x600->1024x768),
which meant that the string causing the error was one character
longer, which happened to be enough to tickle the bug.

I think it's bug #8958.

--
Richard Kettlewell               http://www.elmail.co.uk/~richard/

Are you sure you want to quit reading news? (y or n)