Re: xrdb bug?

bruce@pixar.com (Bruce Perens) writes:

> Thanks for the help on our Emacs problem.
>
> A Pixar user gets this complaint from "xrdb", but the same command runs
> correctly if he executes it "by hand". By the way, we have two people
> (besides me) in the studio tools department who run Debian at home on
> company-provided hardware and really like it.

I had this same problem on *some* machines.  I think it's a memory
problem (didn't someone just post xrdb patches for something like
this?).  Anyway I got around it by making xrdb a script on the
offending machine that does this:

#!/bin/sh
LD_PRELOAD=libgnumalloc.so.5 exec /usr/X11R6/bin/xrdb-crufty

And of course I copied the original xrdb to xrdb-crufty.
--
Rob