Re: Can we upload binaries using libc6 to hamm yet?

David Engel wrote:

>In general, if a package does not provide any public, shared libraries
>(i.e. shared libraries used by other packages), it should be rebuilt
>with libc6 using the same package name when all of the libraries it
>needs have been rebuilt for libc6.

Suppose I do a bug fix in both frozen and unstable.  What's the
preferred tactic in that case?

Upload source-only and libc5 version, wait until that has been processed,
then upload libc6?

[Warning - question from ignorance]

On a system which has both libc5 and libc6 installed, I assume that
some options are needed to select libc5.  Where do these go?

Or do I need a second machine?
--
Thomas Koenig, Thomas.Koenig@ciw.uni-karlsruhe.de, ig25@dkauni2.bitnet.
The joy of engineering is to find a straight line on a double