Re: Criteria for experimental uploads

Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> writes:

> 	I think we need experimental for packages that are just that
>  -- thing which don't necesarily work, and only people who take their
>  their system's well being in their own hands use that package

Fine.  Put those packages into experimental PROVIDED that a version
already exists in unstable.  Otherwise the new, alpha, buggy,
install-this-and-your-system-will-surely-explode-providing-mortal-
injury-to-many-woman-and-children goes into unstable.

If it's a brand new package, than whose system's well-being are you
risking?  Nobody has it installed.  Anybody who installs it will read
the description.  The description will tell them that the new package
`rm-rf' does in fact perform the indicated operation on a random
directory and they probably ought not to install it.

Guy