Re: architecture specific upload announcements

On 10 Apr 1997, James Troup wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   Some m68k maintainers post their upload announcements to
> debian-*changes, and now the sparc port has reached the stage where at
> least one of it's maintainers does too.  Presumably more and more will
> be posted as the m68k and sparc port gather speed. And of course
> there's alpha and ppc...
>
>    This would seem to be the right thing to do by policy, but it does
> lead to a lot of repeated upload announcements and potential
> confusion, IMO.  How about *changes lists for each architecture?
> Uploads with source would still go to the original *changes lists, but
> binary _only_ uploads would go to their respective architecture
> *changes lists.
>
>   What does anyone think?

Perhaps it may help if we turn into policy the way that many people here
construct their subject lines: "Uploading _package_ (_architecture_)" or
better: "(_architecture_) _package_ uploaded to {master,chiark,whatever}"

--
Enrique Zanardi						   ezanardi@ull.es
Dpto. Fisica Fundamental y Experimental			Univ. de La Laguna