Re: FTP server: ls-lR file and mirroring

bsb@debian.org (Siggy Brentrup)  wrote on 30.03.97 in <[🔎] 87bu81b8e0.fsf@bora.winnegan.north.de>:

> Kai Henningsen <kai@khms.westfalen.de> writes:

> > Second, it seems that currently, the ls-lR file doesn't mention itself.
> > This means that it might not get mirrored.
>
> If you're using ls-lR.gz to drive the mirror you already have it (at least
> that's how my dmirror.py based on ftpmirror.py works)

That's not how the Perl mirror script works. The directory fetching, by
whatever method, is completely separate from the populating of th mirror
hierarchy. (At least it is in my version.)

And yes, I use the .gz version. Since it works, anything else would be
stupid :-)

MfG Kai