Re: does "make oldconfig" work for anyone else?

ok, Brian Mays is definitely off the hook :-) If I build a kernel with
the kernel-source-2.0.29 package, it gets the correct "mangling" of
the symbols...  So, Sven Rudolf: how did you build
kernel-image-2.0.29, and in particular, what version of genksyms did
you use?  In particular, are you using the new "modutils", version, or
the old "modules" version? [my theory as that you're using the old one
and it isn't compatible...] And Wichert Akkerman: is there any known
incompatibility between the old and new genksyms programs?  I see that
the modutils NEWS file mentions some incompatibility but doesn't
mention "wait_for_interruptable" in particular as one it loses on (and
that's a pretty simple case, it takes a struct wait** as it's only
argument...)  If this is in fact the problem, it needs to be made a
lot more clear somewhere...

I address you personally to make sure these get answered -- I would be
unhappy to see pcmcia support not work in 1.3 [and my girlfriend, who
is trying to install her new laptop under debian, would *not* be
impressed, and we all know how important that is :-) :-) :-)]