Re: Call for vote: Impeachment of the president [was: Re: new maintainers]

Dominik Kubla wrote:

> > I think we need to set some guidelines for accepting new
> > maintainers. I've become very reluctant to add another maintainer
> > just because he's packaged a game, and I've started to turn people
> > away. Thawte has missed its March 10 deadline for deploying the PGP
> > personal ID certification business that they are going to offer us
> > use of for free. At this point it takes about a half hour per new
> > maintainer to investigate if they really are who they say they are,
> > etc. I'm reluctant to just let people in without investigation
> > because of the possibility of trojan horses, etc.

I think I am one of them being rejected, may be?  and I decided to drop
the work of packaging the xcqam (color quick) viewer, partially because
my account have not been issued for 2 weeks, and the most important
thing,
my Quantum 4GB scsi hd failure and I have no backup.

Lawrence,