Re: proposal for limiting menu icons color and size

Christian Schwarz:

> On Sat, 8 Mar 1997, Joey Hess wrote:
>
> > There has been some discussion on debian-devel about what size and
> > colormap the icons on the debian menus should use. The consensus seems to be
> > that icons are limited to 32x32 pixels, and a 16x16 minicon is also
> > provided. Also, we limit the colormap to 24 colors that are the default
> > colormap for the GIMP (and are a superset of the 16 colors MS Windows uses
> > for icons). Here is an xpm that has the 24 colors in it:
> [snip]
>
> First of all, I must admit I haven't followed this discussion so far. But
> if you got a consensus about this, we should probably add a new section to
> the Policy Manual.
>
> Does everyone agree with this version?

I'm not sure if the menu system is ready to be included in the policy manual
yet. If it is, we should also add to the policy manual that programs should
register themselves on the menus.

--
               "true - do nothing, successfully" - - true (1)